Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl
Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl – also known as ALCAR for short – was selected as the top APEX-TX5 ingredient due to the research showing its benefits to dieters following a healthy weight management strategy. This ingredient has been widely studied. Some of the research has shown that this ingredient can raise the metabolic rate. It can also provide added benefits for overcoming depression symptoms, improving brain function and acting as an antioxidant.
One of the leading human studies* conducted on this ingredient showed that the effects the volunteers experienced grew slowly and lasted for a long period of time. In fact, they remained measurable 12 hours after it was taken. This indicates that dieters could experience the benefits for quite some time after having taken it.
* Marzo, A., Arrigoni Martelli, E., Urso, R., Rocchetti, M., Rizza, V., Kelly, J.G. “Metabolism and disposition of intravenously administered acetyl-L-carnitine in healthy volunteers”. European Journal of clinical Pharmacology. 1989. Volume 37, Issue 1, pages 59-63. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2591464
Caffeine is an energizing ingredient that produces benefits that APEX-TX5 users can often feel. This stimulant has been researched for boosting the metabolism and for raising energy levels. A faster metabolism can burn through calories and stored fats at a faster rate. More energy can make it easier to focus and remain alert while also making it possible to perform better during physical activity by avoiding fatigue.
This ingredient was added to the APEX-TX5 formula due to the sizeable body of evidence supporting its use for these reasons in clinical research. Among the research conducted on caffeine was a study* that showed that this can be taken on a regular basis and it can help to raise the results of a weight loss effort that includes both diet and exercise. Moreover, it can also reduce an individual’s risk of suffering metabolic syndrome, which would otherwise make it more challenging for someone to drop the pounds.
Additional research** showed that the right amount of caffeine, taken regularly, can help obesity patients effectively decrease their body fat levels when compared to a control group given a placebo. This is believed to be because of the impact of caffeine on speeding up the metabolism.
* Heckman MA, Weil J, Gonzalez de Mejia E. Journal of Food Science. “Caffeine (1, 3, 7-trimethylxanthine) in foods: a comprehensive review on consumption, functionality, safety, and regulatory matters”. 2010 Apr;75(3): R77-87. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20492310
** Yoshida T, Sakane N, Umekawa T, Kondo M. International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders: Journal of the International Association for the Study of Obesity. “Relationship between basal metabolic rate, thermogenic response to caffeine, and body weight loss following combined low calorie and exercise treatment in obese women”. [1994, 18(5):345-350] https://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/8061728/
Beta-Phenylethylamine HCl was the next ingredient included in APEX-TX5 tablets because of the research conducted on the substance’s weight management benefits. This substance works on its own but also works in conjunction with the other ingredients that make up these diet pills by enhancing them.
For instance, one of a number of scientific studies* examining Beta-Phenylethylamine HCl showed that this substance effectively promoted thermogenesis. That is the process by which the body produces heat. The more heat is produced, the more fuel – in the form of calories or stored fat, for example – is required to produce it.
Clinical research** has also shown that this ingredient can boost alertness levels and can provide overall mood support. These benefits can be highly advantageous to people trying to build healthy lifestyle habits and break old habits by keeping their moods up and focus high and making it easier to remain motivated.
* Jay R Hoffman, Jie Kang, Nicholas A Ratamess, Stefanie L Rashti, Christopher P Tranchina and Avery D Faigenbaum. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. “Thermogenic effect of an acute ingestion of a weight loss supplement”. Volume 6, Number 1 (2009), 1, DOI: 10.1186/1550-2783-6-1. https://www.springerlink.com/content/35116j71u2413870/
** Sabelli HC, Fawcett J, Gusovsky F, Javaid JI, Wynn P, Edwards J, Jeffriess H, Kravitz H. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. “Clinical studies on the phenylethylamine hypothesis of affective disorder: urine and blood phenylacetic acid and phenylalanine dietary supplements”. 1986 Feb;47(2):66-70. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3944066
L-Tyrosine and the positive research conducted on it, was an obvious choice for the experts behind the APEX-TX5 diet pills. The scientific study and clinical trials provided the evidence necessary for Intechra Health to make this choice.
On the whole, L-Tyrosine is recognized as an ingredient that supports or even improves brain function. It may also help in the relief of stress, depression and anxiety symptoms by raising dopamine and norepinephrine levels. It has also been shown to promote thermogenesis.
Research* into this ingredient revealed that when it is combined with other food substances (such as caffeine and green tea extract) it led to an increase in the body’s thermogenic response.
Researchers conducting another study** found that when L-Tyrosine was combined with bioactive food ingredients for consumption over 8 weeks, obesity patients experienced a 4-hour increase in thermogenesis of 90 kj more than the double-blind control group that was given a placebo.
* Belza, A., Toubro, S., and Astrup, A. “The effect of caffeine, green tea, and tyrosine on thermogenesis and energy intake”. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2009, September. Volume 63, pages 57-64. https://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v63/n1/abs/1602901a.html
** Belza, A., Frandsen, E., and Kondrup, J. “Body fat loss achieved by stimulation of thermogenesis by a combination of bioactive food ingredients: a placebo-controlled, double-blind 8-week intervention in obese subjects”. International Journal of Obesity. 2007. Volume 31, pages 121-130. https://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v31/n1/abs/0803351a.html
Of the five ingredients in this formula, Theobromine was the last to be added. That said, this by no means suggests that it is the least important to the benefits it can offer dieters using this product. This ingredient is recognized for its many benefits such as offering clean, lasting energy that is unlikely to lead to jitters when compared to other types of stimulants. Some studies have also indicated that it can offer meaningful appetite suppression advantages.
One study* examining Theobromine showed that in two consecutive experiments in which it was compared with a placebo and with caffeine, using it daily at a dose ranging from 100 mg to 560 mg brought about higher energy levels than those from the alternate ingredients. This study concluded that its use as a diet pill ingredient could be beneficial as it can lead to measurable behavioral changes.
* Mumford, G., Evans, S., Kaminski, B., Preston, K, Sannerud, C., Silverman, K., Griffiths, R. “Discriminative stimulus and subjective effects of theobromine and caffeine in humans”. Phychopharmacology. June 1994. Volume 115, Issue 1-2, pages 1-8. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02244744#page-1